Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (III)
Headquarters, 2055 L St NW, Ste 400, Washington, DC 20036 /
Engineering – Engineering /
About Aerial Applications
At Aerial Applications, our vision is to make the physical world knowable. We do this by making software to rapidly create maps and share those maps collaboratively.
Aerial Applications is a software company that uses drones and artificial intelligence to create maps that provide real-time situational intelligence to first responders. Our goal is to create the software backbone for fully autonomous mobile systems operating as machine constituents in the future of work.
If you love the idea of working in an emerging field with cutting edge technology and solving massive problems, this is a great company for you.
Aerial Applications is seeking a full-time Full Stack Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will work along with our excellent software development team and be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by Aerial.
We are a rapidly growing company and plenty of opportunities for career development as you grow with us. This position is located at Aerial Application’s headquarters in Washington, DC, or Remote
- 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or Engineering.
- Ideally, you’ll be very comfortable with the common libraries in our stack, like Angular, Node, etc
- Bonus if you are comfortable with Python, MySQL, C++, and/or C#
- Strong experience with version control using Git / GitLab
- Should be confident with web development and software engineering principles
- Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills and interpersonal skills
- A natural self-starter who feels at home in a fast-paced, startup environment
- A life-long learner
- Must-have: You’re super excited to contribute to the drone technology, remote sensing, environmental tech fields!
- Support app development with a heavy focus on Angular and Node.
- Collaborate with our product manager and development team within weekly sprint cycles and daily stand-ups
- Assume responsibility for coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, documenting, and supporting application software
- Successfully employ GitLab for project management and tracking issues/completion
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- PTO: 10 days and all federal holidays, increasing with tenure.
Aerial Applications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.