Senior Engineer - Hydraulic System Design
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Mechanical Systems /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal:
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As the Hydraulic Sub-system Design Engineer, you will report to the Director of Mechanical Systems IPT and be responsible for all activities related to Hydraulic Sub-systems design on the AS2 aircraft. This is a newly created opportunity that will work with and support internal and external activities related to the sub-system design on the AS2.
On any given day you might:
- Develop Hydraulic systems installation and routing design
- Define installation requirements for Hydraulic systems to ensure compliance with regulations and good practice
- Coordinate the Hydraulic system interface with the aircraft structures and other sub-systems for sound and weight effective design solutions
- Control the Hydraulic system installation bill of material
- Report system installation status to ensure milestones are met in support of the overall program schedule
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a relevant engineering area
- 5+ years of deep, hands-on experience in Hydraulic systems installation layout development in commercial and/or business aircraft development program
- Familiarity with Part 25 regulatory requirements
- In depth knowledge of hydraulic standard parts and installation hardware, and respective specifications (AN, AS, NAS, MS, etc)
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- Recent experience in Hydraulic systems installation layout development from concept through certification strongly desired
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge and ability to define design concepts, generate design layouts and achieve acceptable integration
- Strong customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong/proven problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.