Executive Support Specialist
Business Support – Back Office
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We want to create a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Executive Support Specialist, you'll report to the Manager of Administration & Special Projects (she's super friendly!). You'll be responsible for a wide variety of support tasks for our Program Leadership team- from scheduling travel, meetings, and presentations, to expense reports, and other administrative duties. Expect to do a lot of gear shifting!
On any given day you might:
- Coordinate meeting, event, and travel appointments in company calendars, ensuring accuracy and an appropriate level of detail
- Proactively identify and patiently resolve calendar conflicts.
- Book, manage, and change complex travel arrangements for executives, including flights, hotels and ground transportation; create detailed travel itineraries with trip summary, boarding passes, confirmation data, directions, agenda, biographies, etc.
- Ensure changes to travel, event, and meeting arrangements are flowed through to all calendars, agendas and itineraries.
- Act as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator for office and administrative issues and concerns.
- As needed, serve as our back-up receptionist by screening and preparing for planned visitors, welcoming and checking visitors in upon arrival, distributing and tracking visitor badges, professionally handling our main phone line, effectively and confidentially managing inbound and outbound mail and shipping, etc.
- Manage executive expense reports, for both travel and non-travel items, reconciling and documenting expenses accurately and in a timely manner.
- Take initiative to identify office processes that could be improved in terms of efficiency or accuracy; complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, proactively prioritizing, effectively managing time, gaining cooperation of others, problem solving and monitoring progress.
- Occasionally drive personal vehicle to various local stores and restaurants to pick up supplies, catering, etc.
We're looking for someone who has:
- An Associate’s Degree in Business or another relevant area is strongly preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in travel arrangement/management, office management, administrative support
- Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to quickly establish an image as a professional, positive person
- Experience in a small but quickly growing company is highly desired
- Advanced skills with Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Adaptability to changing circumstances while maintaining extremely high levels of quality and superb attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of personalities
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-drive with demonstrated ability to independently execute tasks, multi-task, and balance daily activities
- A proven track record of good judgment, discretion, and uncompromising standards of quality, integrity, and performance
- Comfort in a dynamic environment and able to work extended hours as needed
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!