Aerodynamic Design - Engineer
Aircraft Development – Flight Sciences
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As an Aerodynamic Design Engineer, you will report to the Aerodynamics Design Manager and will contribute to the aerodynamic design of the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Perform detailed aerodynamic design and analysis in areas of aircraft shape, configuration, performance, and handling qualities
- Optimize and tune aircraft shape using CFD and other commercial or in-house advanced modeling tools including geometry modeling
- Predict aircraft aerodynamic performance using classical analytical techniques as well as advanced simulation tools
- Provide guidance in the design of airframe and control surface. components which meet design and certification requirements
- Provide support to the various Systems and Structures IPTs in support of their development and certification
- Assist in the development of advanced aerodynamic analysis tools
- Provide subject-matter expert level guidance on both practical and theoretical aerodynamic aircraft design
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, or similarly related field, with an advanced degree in a highly relevant technical specialty strongly preferred.
- 5+ years overall technical experience in aerodynamics, CFD, and aerodynamic design of air vehicles.
- Familiarity with computational geometry and 3D geometry modeling.
- Significant experience in aerodynamic design, from concept through certification, in a collaborative multi-discipline team environment.
- Experience in the development of fighter, supersonic, and/or business aircraft.
- Experience with advanced design tools such as MDO frameworks.
- Familiarity with HPC platforms and NASA CFD codes.
- Advanced skills in computational geometry and familiarity with CATIA
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!