Human Factors (Flight Deck) - Engineer
Aircraft Development – Avionics & Electrical
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Human Factors Engineer you will report directly to the Flight Deck Manager and will be responsible for the technical aspects of the Human Machine Interface (HMI) design, integration and testing of the flight deck for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Develop the HMI design and architecture of the AS2 Flight Deck
- Integrate the Flight Deck design with the interior supplier, Flight Controls IPT and the Avionics IPT
- Develop product plans that include certification plans
- Provide subject matter expert level technical leadership, mentoring, and guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of HMI engineering
- Provide direct input to the Flight Deck design and Avionics engineers
- Assist in the creation of the AS2 Flight Deck mock-up
- Assist in the creation of the AS2 Flight Deck Simulator
- Ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- interact directly with suppliers
- Define requirements and processes
- Validate and verify of requirements
- System test and certification
- Report Status
- Provide expert level guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of the Flight Deck design
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- 5+ years of experience within the Avionics discipline.
- Experience working on aircraft development programs
- HMI design and integration
- Clear understanding of all aspects of Flight Deck development
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering
- Good understanding of anthropometrics, pilot psychology, Pilot workload and flight deck equipment interactions
- Demonstrated success developing processes
- Familiarity with Part 25 Regulations especially 1302, 1309, 1322, ARP 4754A, ARP 60494, Mil-STD 1472 and other relevant industry standards is preferred.
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!