Aircraft Development – Global Supply Chain
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
The Subcontracts Manager for or the AS2 is responsible for management of up to $50M of annual spend with Aerion suppliers of systems and structures. These subcontracts are in support of development of the AS2 aircraft. We seek an experienced supply chain candidate to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing supplier relationships, negotiating and managing major subcontracts, on-boarding and qualifying new suppliers, and developing and implementing procedures for the Supply Chain Management organization.
On any given day you might:
- Manage the overall procurement cycle, including and necessary coordination among Aerion’s technical team and suppliers, across various functional support teams, as well as administration and support of subcontracts
- Manage critical, time-sensitive and complex issues including; proposal evaluations, contract documentation, modifications for contract changes. Will assist in the development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services
- Manage and develop supplier performance metrics
- Interact in an integrated team environment by coordinating with Programs, Engineering, Legal, Customer, Finance, and Marketing.
- Lead key supplier negotiations of cost, terms and conditions, development Statements of Work, and long-term agreements. Control costs, manage cost avoidance and perform price analysis as required
- Manage the import and export of technical data, hardware, software, and qualification artifacts in full compliance with export license regulations
- Develop and implement RCCA plans for significant supplier issues during performance period for suppliers.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Aerospace Supply Management and Program Management experience required
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills required
- Experience in negotiating and communication with all levels of internal and supplier management
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Aerospace Supply chain management or related manufacturing procurement experience preferred.
- A thorough industry standard Purchasing Policies & Procedures.
- A thorough understanding generally accepted Business Ethics and Codes of Conduct.
- A basic understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations, FARS, DFARS, Commerciality, etc.
- A basic understanding of MRP, PLM, and aircraft development programs.
- Experience in interacting and managing International customer/supplier relationships a plus
- Attention to detail, enjoy complex problems, excellent communication and organization skills, project management, negotiation skills
Specific competencies shall include:
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!