Hydraulic Subsystem (Aircraft) - Lead Engineer
Aircraft Development – Flight & Mechanical Systems
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Hydraulics Subsystem Lead Engineer you will report to the Director of Flight & Mechanical Systems IPT and be responsible for managing the hydraulics subsystem design for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Develop hydraulics systems design, architecture and product plan, including qualification and certification plans.
- Provide subject matter expert level technical leadership, mentoring and guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of hydraulics systems
- Ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- Provide validation and verification of hydraulics systems requirements
- Perform hydraulics systems tests and certification, and provide documentation
- Manage the Hydraulics subsystem scheduling, budget, resources and suppliers
- Report subsystem status to ensure milestones are met in support of the overall program schedule
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering area, with a Master’s degree in a technical and/or management specialty preferred
- 10+ years of deep, hands-on experience in Hydraulic systems development, design and testing in a Military, Commercial, or business aircraft development program
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience leading technical resources and teams, both internally and externally, as well as both on-site and off-site
- In-depth and current knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- Recent experience in developing hydraulic systems from concept through certification strongly desired
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge and ability to define requirements, generate architecture and achieve compliance
- Customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Proven problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Strong decision making and communication skills
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!