Principal Engineer - Composite Test and Analysis
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Structures /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As a Principle Engineer - Composite Test and Analysis you will report to the Technology Development Leadership Team and be responsible for the of advanced composite and metallic technology development leading to testing, analysis and certification. You will be part of a newly created team responsible for new advanced material systems.
On any given day you might:
- Develop structural testing, analysis and certification strategies related to advanced composites and metallic materials.
- Support and lead development of new analysis methods, validation approaches and tools for Part 25 certification.
- Support building and leading the structural test and analysis subject matter team for the AS2 aircraft development
- Provide leadership in planning and executing large structural building block test programs to support development of technologies – new materials, architectures, and designs - with external and internal stakeholders.
- Support strategic partnership development with external test houses and suppliers.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or any other directly relevant engineering field required, with preference for graduate (Master’s or higher) degree
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in advanced materials and processes qualifications, testing, manufacturing and certification of large military or Part 25 aircrafts required, with minimum of 3 years in a lead role
- Strong knowledge of composite certification for Part 25 required.
- Strong knowledge of aerospace materials, advanced manufacturing processes, test methods and design allowable development
- Leadership experience including team building, providing guidance, and communicating team goals effectively
- Demonstrated success in dealing and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.