Engineering Specialist - Environmental Control Systems (ECS)
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Mechanical Systems /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal:
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
This newly created Engineering Specialist - ECS position will report to the Principal ECS IPT Lead and be responsible for all activities related to the ECS design on the AS2 aircraft. This position will be hired contingent on successful completion of our Design Readiness Review anticipated in Q2 2021.
On any given day you might:
- Use CATIA and/or NX design tools to review and develop ECS Schematics, Installation Layouts and assemblies
- Create or support Bill of Materials, Trade Studies, and best design practices
- Collaborate with multiple subject experts and suppliers throughout the integration of the ECS design
- Define requirements for the ECS design to ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- Provide validation and verification of ECS design requirements
- Support ECS systems tests and certification, and provide system and certification documentation
- Report design status to ensure milestones are met in support of the overall program schedule
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in ECS development, design and testing in a Military, Commercial, or business aircraft development program
- In-depth and current knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- Recent experience in developing ECS Design from concept through certification strongly desired
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge and ability to define requirements, generate architecture and achieve compliance
- Strong customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong/proven problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Strategic leader with very strong decision making and communication skills
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.