Flight Deck Design Engineer
Aircraft Development – Avionics & Electrical
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Flight Deck Design Engineer you will report directly to the Flight Deck Manager and will be responsible for the design and integration the flight deck for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Design and develop the AS2 Flight Deck with input from HMI, interior supplier, Flight Controls IPT and the Avionics IPT
- Embody the AS2 Flight Deck concept into the 3D Digital Mock-Up (DMU)
- Model components and place them in the DMU
- Add supplier furnished 3D models into the DMU
- Model the Flight Deck instrument panels
- Utilize 3D Human Builder programs to simulate crew interactions in the 3d DMU Flight Deck
- Provide direct input to the Flight Deck design and Avionics engineers
- Assist in the creation of the AS2 Flight Deck mock-up
- Assist in the creation of the AS2 Flight Deck Simulator
- Ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- Interact directly with suppliers
- Work with strict configuration control requirements
- Report Status
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- 5+ years of experience within the Avionics discipline.
- Experience working on aircraft development programs
- Expert level of competency using CATIA V5
- Working knowledge of PLM tools
- Knowledge of HMI design and integration
- Clear understanding of all aspects of Flight Deck development
- An understanding of Systems Engineering
- An understanding of anthropometrics, pilot psychology, Pilot workload, HMI and flight deck equipment interactions
- Familiarity with Part 25 Regulations especially 1302, 1309, 1322, ARP 4754A, ARP 6049494, Mil-STD 1472 and other relevant industry standards is preferred.
- Experience with Flight Deck mock-up and Simulator design
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!