Principal Engineer - Electro-Magnetic Effect (EME)
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Aircraft Software Systems /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As the Electro-Magnetic Effect (EME) – Principal Engineer, you'll report directly to the Director of Aircraft Integrated Systems and be responsible for ensuring Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) within the AS2 supersonic aircraft.
On any given day you might:
- Ensure that the AS2 shows compliance to all applicable EME regulatory requirements, particularly lightning protection of the Fuel Tank
- Provide EME design guidance to AS2 development team as well as suppliers
- Write test plans and report for Aircraft, System, and Equipment level EME related tests.
- Review supplier test plans and reports to ensure all AS2 EME/Environmental requirements are met
- Write EME design and guidance documents that supports aircraft development
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
- Work on other program critical tasks as designated by the IPT Director
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- ·15+ years of EME experience on an aircraft development program
- Strong experience with EMC testing
- Strong experience with AC 20-136B, 20-158A and AC 25.954-1
- Strong experience with 14 CFR Part 25 certification, DO160, industry standards such as ARP 5583, ARP 5412, ARP 5414, ARP 5415, ARP 5416 etc.
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.