Aerodynamic Propulsion Integration - Engineer
Aircraft Development – Flight Sciences
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As an Aerodynamic Propulsion Integration Engineer you will report to the Aerodynamics Design Manager and will contribute to the aerodynamic design of the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet and its propulsion system.
On any given day you might:
- Perform detailed aerodynamic design and analysis in areas of aircraft inlet & nozzle shape, performance, and integration.
- Design and optimize the inlet & nozzle aerodynamic lofts using CFD and other advanced design tools.
- Provide support to the various Systems and Structures IPTs in support of their development and certification.
- Assist in the development of advanced aerodynamic analysis tools by providing feedback and developing requirements.
- Provide support for engineering development tests, certification, and flight testing from concept to product certification.
- Interact with engine supplier to help manage and meet inlet requirements and nozzle performance.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, or related field, with a relevant advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of technical experience in one of the flight science areas of aircraft design, with specific and/or strong general knowledge of the other areas
- Experience in air vehicle aerodynamic design in a collaborative multi-discipline team environment
- Familiarity with HPC platforms and CFD codes
- Experience with advance design tools such as MDO frameworks, as well as programming (Java, C, Fortran) and scripting (Python, Bash)
- Demonstrated leadership in solving technical challenges
- Experience in the development supersonic and/or business aircraft strongly desired.
- Experience in aerodynamic design of inlets and/or nozzles, especially for supersonic aircraft.
- Experience with Overflow, Fun3D, Pointwise, and Tecplot CFD tools
- Experience with CATIA
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!