Nacelle Integration - Lead Engineer
Aircraft Development – Propulsion
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Lead Nacelle Integration Engineer you will report to the Director of Propulsion IPT and be responsible for managing the nacelle suppliers and the design & certification of the nacelle installation.
On any given day you might:
- Lead a team to develop a nacelle installation using industry standards and best practices based on trade studies, research, and analysis. The AS2 nacelle scope may include inlets, cowl doors, fixed cowls, thrust reversers, as well as interfaces with other engine and aircraft installations
- Design nacelle installation to minimize the drag associated with the nacelles and empennage
- Participate in supplier selection, coordination, integration, test, and certification of the nacelle installation
- Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing or specialty personnel to resolve problems
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in nacelle development and integration for Military, Business Jet, and/or Commercial platforms.
- Experience with the definition and execution of nacelle-related testing
- Experience managing and resolving technical issues with nacelle component suppliers
- Experience generating nacelle-related requirements and interface control data
- Experience generating qualification/certification plans and reports
- Knowledge of current FAA and EASA regulations; proficiency in Part 25 is preferred.
- Experience using CATIA V5, Teamcenter, or equivalent CAD/PLM products
- Experience managing other Engineers and Designers
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capability
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated success working within highly empowered teams and working with a diverse group of people at every level in an organization
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Experience with Fire Detection, Fire Suppression, ECS, Fuel, Electrical, Hydraulics, and other powerplant-related systems is an advantage
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!