Engineering Specialist - Structures Landing Gear
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Mechanical Systems /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As the Structures Landing Gear Engineering Specialist, you will report to the Director of Mechanical Systems IPT and be responsible for all aspects of design, integration, and certification of the Landing Gear Structure on the AS2 aircraft. This is a newly created position that requires working cross functionally to coordinate with all IPT’s and external suppliers and vendors.
On any given day you might:
- Coordinate integration between the landing gears and airframe
- Review internal and interface loads
- Review installation for accessibility and clash
- Perform damage tolerance and fatigue evaluation
- Review stress analysis
- Review shimmy analysis
- Propose and review LG structure related tests
- Define LG shock strut gas spring curves
- Propose means of weight reduction by design optimization and by using alternate materials
- Author, review, and approve analysis, test, and certification reports
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering area, with a master’s degree in a technical specialty preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in LG structure design, integration, testing, and certification in a commercial or business aircraft development program
- Experience with aircraft development process, from preliminary design to certification
- In-depth and current knowledge of FAA Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with requirement capture, validation, and verification activities
- Proficiency in PLM and CAD software, preferably Teamcenter and NX
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.