Aircraft Development – Avionics & Electrical
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As Avionics Engineer you will report directly to the Avionics Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead. Candidates shall demonstrate technical knowledge of one or more of the following avionic systems: FMS, Navigation, Displays, EFVS, Communications, Antennae, Radar, Data acquisition, Safety systems, Health monitoring & reporting and Integrated Modular Avionics for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Integrate Avionic Systems
- Establish requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of System design and architecture
- Interact directly with suppliers
- Define traceability to the FARs
- Be responsible for validation and verification of requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of System test and certification
- Report Status
- Manage and track mass properties of Avionic Systems during the complete design cycle
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- 3+ years of experience within the Avionics discipline.
- Experience working on aircraft development programs
- Experience with Avionic Systems design and integration
- Demonstrated success developing processes
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering
- Familiarity with Part 25, ARP 4754A, DO-160, DO-178 and DO-254 is preferred.
- Good understanding of both practical and theoretical aspects of the Avionic Systems design
- Familiarity with Honeywell Primus EPIC avionics system is a plus but certainly not required.
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!