Principal Engineer- Avionics
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Avionics, Flight Deck & Electrical /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal:
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As an Avionics Principal Engineer you will report directly to the Avionics Integrated Produce Team (IPT) Lead. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to assume technical leadership over a major Avionic Sub-System such as Flight Management, Flight Guidance, Navigation Sensors, etc. Leadership role will encompass oversite of requirements capture and validation, architecture and design, supplier management, functional and physical integration, verification and certification of a given sub-system. As a leader, providing guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers will be an integral part of the job. Creating a supersonic business jet requires solving problems that have not been solved before. It requires the application of knowledge and past experience in new and creative ways. The challenge of the job, and the motivation of the entire team to make history, makes everyday exciting. We need someone comfortable with empowerment, responsibility and accountability. Someone with high level of experience, ability to work well with others, and results oriented positive attitude.
On any given day you might:
- Establish and maintain requirements
- Be responsible for system design and architecture
- Be responsible for integration of other Aircraft Systems with the Avionics
- Be responsible for system verification
- Interact directly with suppliers
- Interact directly with other Aircraft IPTs
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and guidance
- Report Status to upper levels of management
- Provide expert-level guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of Avionics Systems design
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; Electrical, Computer or Aerospace Engineering degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience with aircraft development programs at the OEM or Avionics Supplier level
- Strong familiarity with Systems Engineering principals and methods
- Familiarity with ARP 4754A, DO-297, DO-160 and 14 CFR Part 25 certification
- Strong experience with Aircraft Systems Integration
- Experience with supplier management
- Experience with team leadership
- Familiarity with Agile practices is preferred
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.