Melbourne, FL /
Everything Else – Legal & Compliance /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
As In - House Corporate Counsel you will report directly to the General Counsel, EVP Governance & Compliance. Aerion consists of a group of brilliant engineers that are doing something amazing on a global scale – we need a talented, passionate, and versatile corporate lawyer to support our team.
This role will be based in Melbourne, Florida and the successful candidate is expected to work on-site beginning in January 2021 (this is not a telecommute position).
On any given day you might:
- Offer legal advice and counsel on a wide variety of legal issues, with a focus on corporate transactions, regulatory filings, and governance
- Negotiate deals and draft agreements on behalf of our company
- Advise executives and employees at all levels within our company
- Work alongside and collaborate with other members of our legal department and other departments within our company
- Advise on legal and enterprise risks, the legal liabilities associated with company activities, and implement strategies to mitigate such risks
- Work with minimal reliance on outside counsel, while coordinating and working with external counsel on major projects or when subject matter expertise or workload requires
- Research and anticipate legal issues that could impact the company
- Provide training to company personnel on legal and compliance topics
We're looking for someone who has:
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- A law degree from a recognized university
- Been admitted to a recognized bar and has no disciplinary history
- 5+ years of experience with complex corporate transactions, financing transactions, mergers & acquisitions, corporate structure, compliance, and corporate governance, ideally with an engineering, manufacturing, industrial, transportation, global mobility or tech company, the government, or a law firm representing clients in these areas
- Aviation/aerospace or start-up experience desirable
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Highly-developed, well-honed, professional writing skills
- The ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- A commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment & creativity
- Must share Aerion’s culture and vision
- Must be an individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, start-up company with its inherent ambiguity and embrace the opportunity to roll-up-your-sleeves and pitch-in where needed, even when it isn’t in your job description or involve the practice of law
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.