Engineering Specialist- Fuel Subsystems
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Mechanical Systems /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the Deal
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As the Engineering Specialist for Fuel Subsystems, you will report to the Lead Fuel Subsystem Engineer and be responsible for assisting in various aspects of the fuel system design for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Develop and establish fuel system requirements, design, and architecture
- Perform fuel system installation and integration activities across the program IPTs and with fuel systems suppliers
- Provide subject matter expert level technical leadership, mentoring, and guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of the fuel system
- Ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- Perform calculations & analyses related to fuel systems development
- Perform fuel systems tests and certification, and produce associated documentation
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering position, with a Master’s degree in a technical and/or management specialty preferred
- 10+ years of deep, hands-on experience in fuel systems development, design and testing in Military, Commercial and/or business jet aircraft
- Demonstrated experience leading technical resources and teams, both internally and externally, as well as both on-site and off-site
- In-depth and current knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- Recent experience in developing fuel systems from concept through certification strongly desired
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge and ability to define requirements, generate architecture and achieve compliance
- Customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Proven problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Strong decision making and communication skills
- Experience with CATIA V5 and Teamcenter PLM desired
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.