Electrical (Aircraft) - IPT Manager
Aircraft Development – Avionics & Electrical
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Electrical Integrated Product Development Team (IPT) Manager you will report directly to the Vice President of Cockpit and Subsystems and will be responsible for leading and supervising all activities related to the design, integration and testing of the Electrical System (ATA24) for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Perform the role of Technical Leader to the Electrical System IPT
- Manage the IPT resources and schedule
- System design and architecture
- Manage the design and approval of the system sizing
- Control the Electrical Loads Analysis
- Perform and validate Electrical calculations (Ampacity, Voltage drop, I2R, In-rush, etc)
- Interact directly with suppliers
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and guidance
- Define requirements
- Validate and verify requirements
- System test and certification
- Report Status
- Manage and track mass properties of Electrical Systems during the complete design cycle
- Provide expert level guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of the Electrical Systems design
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- 7+ years of experience within the Electrical discipline.
- Aircraft development program experience
- Proven managerial experience
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems design and integration
- Clear understanding of all aspects of ATA24
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering
- Good understanding of 25.1701
- Experience developing processes
- Familiarity with Part 25, ARP 4754A, 704F, DO-160, EIA-364, AS50881, AC 43-13 and other relevant industry standards is preferred.
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!