Product Support Engineering - Manager
Business Support – Product Support
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We want to create a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Product Support Engineering Manager, you will report directly to the VP of Worldwide Product Support & Logistics and be responsible for aftermarket support of the AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Develop and document reliability, maintainability and availability targets for development teams.
- Develop and implement methodology for forecasting AS2 availability as engineered and contracted. Monitor and compute engineered availability based on component removal targets and scheduled maintenance events.
- Represent the customer and act as his advocate inside the development teams.
- Define aftermarkets support strategy as relates to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspection program, maintenance tracking, digital reporting and flight operations.
- Participate with the product support team in the definition and development support strategies, including service delivery, field support, technical support, training, maintenance tracking, technical publications, operational software and customer portal.
- Support the definition, evaluation and selection of any procurement needs of the aftermarket team unrelated to aircraft production, e.g. maintenance tracking software, training providers.
- Assist the Vice President, Worldwide support with any other assigned tasks or responsibilities.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical Aerospace related subject or equivalent years of experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace aftermarket support, field support, flight operations, call center, technical support or engineering
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience working with teams comprised of internal and external members, as well as both on-site and off-site
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- In-depth and current knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements related to aircraft maintenance and repair and flight operations
- Customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong problem-solving ability across multidisciplinary skills sets with a proven track record of excellent judgment
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a small but quickly growing company is highly desired
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!