Senior Engineer - Modeling and Simulation Lead
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Test & Evaluation /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal:
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
The Test and Evaluation Integrated Product Team (IPT) is being developed to provide state of the art development and certification testing of Aerion aircraft. A crucial component of our Systems Integration Laboratory will be a highly talented group of individuals responsible for modeling and simulation of aircraft systems and environments. This group will develop and incorporate and maintain models and simulations that support state-of-the-art, hardware in the loop, simulated flight testing. This position will develop and lead this group and be responsible for all aspects of required laboratory modeling and simulation. This will be an extremely challenging and rewarding leadership position that requires high levels of modeling and simulation experience, leadership skills, technical mentorship and a results oriented positive attitude.
On any given day you might:
- Build-up and lead the test simulation team for AS2 development
- Develop an overall simulation plan which supports the AS2 program from PDR to EIS
- Support all aspects of simulation modeling with knowledge and skills in model creation and modeling interfaces, and implementation in a systems development testing environment
- Collect and integrate simulation requirements from the systems IPT’s
- Create Aerion simulation and modeling standards
- Create or acquire individual SIM models for creation of an AS2 off-line simulation environment
- Create Aerion simulation architecture and required interface control documents
- Create and manage Aerion version control process and infrastructure for simulation/models
- Oversee the integration of AS2 simulation modeling into HIL lab environments at the Aerion Systems Integration Labs (ASIL)
- Participate in test resource design specification to ensure the appropriate level of hardware in the loop vs simulation
- Track dependencies from other IPT’s to ensure T&E can support their completion of program milestones
- Audit and report progress against the master schedule and provide traceability to ensure the goals are achieved
We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering or software development discipline
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in aircraft specific simulation modeling and hardware testing, working on projects with inter-disciplinary teams, and coordinating the execution of test programs
- Experience with the following software (or similar): Excel, MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience in creating both offline and real-time complex multi-rate simulation models and associated simulation architectures while following modeling standards
- Experience with aircraft Hardware in the Loop (HITL)/Hot Bench systems used to test various aspects of performance and safety in a controlled laboratory environment
- Experience in real-time software development and model/performance optimization
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills across multiple disciplines
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated success working with highly empowered, diverse teams in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability and willingness to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with other team members, peers, and management
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.