Strategic FP&A Lead
Melbourne, FL /
Everything Else – Business Support /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal:
As our Strategic Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Lead, you will have a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact across the organization and lead major new initiatives as Aerion scales. You'll report to our Vice President, Controller and work closely with our CFO. The right candidate will be scrappy and adaptable to various projects that support our company-wide financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts; with input on each area of the business.
On any given day you might:
- Build, maintain and enhance Aerion’s corporate FP&A process from the ground up
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze operating and financial results, including preparing internal and external reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances
- Lead the preparation, coordination and distribution of annual budgets
- Support with financial modeling related to fund raising initiatives
- Assist with Management and Board planning, including presentations and key analysis requests
- Partner closely with Aircraft Development leaders and senior management to identify cost savings opportunities
- Identify and drive initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Support Aerion’s back-office infrastructure, including, but not limited to, procurement, equity management, financial reporting, payroll, and investor relations
- Improve back-office scalability through improved processes and procedures
- Support and manage ad hoc finance projects deemed appropriate by the Vice President, Controller
We're looking for someone who has:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Business, or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in a quantitative role such as Corporate Finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, but also stay on top of details and drive execution across the organization
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, NetSuite and SAP preferable
- Demonstrated ability to act discretely, be highly responsible, trustworthy, and ethical
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.