APU & Fire Protection Systems (Aircraft) - Senior Engineer
Aircraft Development – Propulsion
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Senior APU & Fire Protection Systems Integration Engineer you'll report to the Director of Flight and Mechanical Systems and be responsible for the integration, analysis, testing, and certification of the APU and Fire Protection (F/P) systems installations on the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Develop and integrate APU and F/P installations using industry standards and best practices based on trade studies, research and analysis.
- Participate in supplier selection, coordination, integration, test and certification of the APU, F/P, and all related systems.
- Accomplish deliverables associated with the APU and F/P systems for key program milestones, including design reviews, hardware deliveries, testing and certification milestones.
- Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing, or specialty personnel to resolve problems.
- Work to improve daily processes and ensure all work meets design requirements.
- Determine and develop own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Contribute to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provide technical assistance to team members.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in powerplant systems integration for Military, Commercial, and/or Business Jet platforms, with particular emphasis on APU and F/P installations.
- Experience with integration of other powerplant systems is an advantage.
- Experience managing and resolving technical issues with APU and F/P suppliers.
- Experience generating qualification plans and reports.
- Experience generating certification plans and reports.
- Knowledge of current FAA and EASA regulations. Proficiency in Parts 25 is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capability.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills across multiple disciplines
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!