Cabin IPT (Aircraft) - Director
Aircraft Development – Leadership
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Cabin IPT Director you will report directly to the AS2 Program Manager and be responsible for leading and supervising all activities related to the design, development, testing, and certification of the AS2's cabin. You'll also need to collaborate with the Sales & Marketing team to ensure the cabin design meets with our customer's expectations.
On any given day you might:
- Monitor Cabin IPT performance against approved budget & schedule
- Select and interface with suppliers and partners
- Manage supplier performance in conjunction with subcontracts management.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and guidance
- Define requirements for the overall cabin to comply with regulations and meet customer expectations
- Develop cabin systems design, architecture, and product road-map
- Perform systems test and certification associated with cabin systems
- Oversee cabin system and certification documentation
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant area (Master’s or PhD with technical focus preferred)
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Cabin Systems design and testing.
- 5+ years of experience leading technical resources and teams
- Strategic leader with very strong decision making and communication skills
- In-depth and current knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand & define requirements, generate architecture, and achieve compliance
- Experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Recent experience in developing cabin and interior solutions from concept through certification strongly desired
- Experience with commercial or business jet programs highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!