Senior Software Engineer (Digital Thread)
Palo Alto, CA /
Aircraft Development – Engineering Software /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
As a Senior Software Engineer working with our Palo Alto Technologies team, you will report to the Data Team Manager and will contribute to the development of an Integrated Digital Environment for design, manufacturing and operations of the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Create and manage SQL and NoSQL databases for various internal applications
- Integrate heterogeneous databases used all across the product lifecycle, through a common digital thread
- Maintain consistency between different data sources through data modeling and ETL pipelines
- Integrate the digital thread with external data sources using their API
- Build data visualization products using BI tools like PowerBI, Superset, Plotly etc.
- Create and implement a testing framework for all data modules
- Maintain code quality through modularity, testing, revision control, continuous integration and deployment etc.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similarly related field
- 3+ years overall technical experience in database management and data integration
- Advanced knowledge of working with SQL and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB etc.
- Proficiency in SQL tuning and query optimization techniques
- Technical experience with building ETL pipelines, data warehousing and data visualization
- Extensive programming experience, preferably in Python and Java
- Proficiency in software engineering skills such as algorithms, object-oriented programming, agile and test-driven development
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Familiarity with cloud database services like AWS Redshift, RDS, Aurora etc.
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.