Configuration Management - Senior Engineer
Business Support – Program & Operations
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We want to create a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As a Senior Configuration Management Engineer you will provide technical planning & leadership for projects critical to the design, test, & certification of the AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Develop and integrate a configuration management system across enterprise systems and IPTs
- Manage complex engineering projects working in a hands-on capacity and coordinating cross functional team activities to ensure completion of the project on time and within budget
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure configuration is maintained during lifecycle development and manufacturing
- Manage documents, specifications, procedures, and CM work instructions
- Integrate with systems engineering organization to ensure configuration management and control
- Facilitate the smooth functioning of teams through communication and efficient workflows
- Liaise between engineering, IT, and other functions to ensure configuration control is maintained and known by all stakeholders
- Integrate project requirements and content in configuration management system
- Serve as the coordinating and communicating resource across the IPTs to ensure technical and business objectives are met
- Work with program management and systems engineering on assessing requirements, developing technical solutions, and the integration of configuration elements into the product design
- Support IPTs with configuration management and control processes and technology
- Regularly work with peer senior engineers, IPT leads, functional managers, Aerion leadership, and Supply Chain Management
- Interface Subcontractors / Suppliers as required and in coordination with Supply Chain Management
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience with Engineering, Systems, Integration, Test, Software, and/or Engineering Project Leadership, preferably within the aerospace or aviation industries.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Aerospace configuration management or related experience strongly preferred.
- Deep experience with PLM integration on an aircraft development program preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills required.
- Experience in negotiating and communication with all levels of internal and external stakeholders is necessary.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Basic understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations, FARS, DFARS, Commerciality, etc.
- Attention to detail, enjoy complex problems, excellent communication and organization skills, project management, negotiation skills
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!