Propulsion (Aircraft) - Senior Engineer
Aircraft Development – Propulsion
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Senior Propulsion Engineer you'll report to the Director of Propulsion IPT and be responsible for the development, integration, analysis, testing, and certification of the propulsion system on the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Develop propulsion systems using industry standards and best practices based on trade studies, research and analysis.
- Participate in supplier selection and coordination, integration, flight test and certification of propulsion systems.
- Accomplish deliverables associated with the propulsion system for key program milestones, including design reviews, hardware deliveries, testing and certification milestones.
- Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing, or specialty personnel to resolve problems.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in propulsion systems development for Military, Commercial, and/or Business Jet platforms.
- Experience with supersonic applications is an advantage.
- Experience with propulsion system modeling, including thrust and drag bookkeeping.
- Experience with engine/nacelle/airframe integration.
- Proven success managing and resolving technical issues with engine, nacelle, and EBU suppliers.
- Demonstrated skills generating qualification plans and reports.
- Knowledge of current FAA and EASA regulations, including proficiency in Parts 25, 33, 34, and 36.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capability.
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!