Aftermarket Material Support - Manager
Business Support – Product Support
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We want to create a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Aftermarket Material Support Manager, you will report directly to the VP of Worldwide Product Support & Logistics and will be responsible for defining & contracting aftermarket support agreements with vendors & suppliers.
On any given day you might:
- Develop and document supplier requirements as relate component reliability, aftermarket support performance and response, aftermarket supply and pricing, component repair documentation/authorizations and any other requirements as defined by the support team.
- Define aftermarkets support strategy as relates to component repair and exchange and determine system requirements to support repair strategy.
- Participate with the product support team in the definition and development of spare parts distribution strategy, along with developing the requirements of the procedures and systems necessary to receive, process, release and account for aftermarket parts.
- Lead with the assistance of supply chain, any procurement needs of the aftermarket team unrelated to aircraft production, e.g. maintenance tracking software, training providers.
- Support supply chain in supplier negotiations as related to the product support agreement.
- Develop limited warranty policy and manage supplier commitments to align with the target warranty policy.
- Assist the Vice President, Worldwide support with any other assigned tasks or responsibilities.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Aerospace related subject or equivalent years of experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in civil aerospace aftermarket material support, supply management, PSA management, repair management, warehousing or order desk
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience leading related teams, both internally and externally, as well as both on-site and off-site
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- In-depth and current knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements related to aftermarket parts supply, repair and warehousing
- Customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong problem-solving ability across multidisciplinary skills sets with a proven track record of excellent judgment
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a small but quickly growing company is highly desired
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!