Electrical (Aircraft) - Lead Engineer
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Avionics, Flight Deck & Electrical /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As the Lead Engineer of the Electrical IPT you will help define and integrate the Electrical Power System (EPS) for the Aerion Supersonic AS2 family of aircraft. Candidates shall have in-depth knowledge of Electrical principals and the design of Electrical Power Systems. You will lead a small but highly experienced team, working closely with our suppliers, to design and develop a state-of-the-art EPS for a revolutionary supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Be responsible for system design and architecture (Generation, distribution, Emergency power, batteries, MEA, etc.)
- Represent Aerion with direct interaction with suppliers
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and guidance to the team
- Establish requirements
- Validate and verify requirements
- Define traceability to the regulations, guidance, and industry standards
- EPS integration in the Digital Twin
- Electrical Load Analysis (ELA)
- Component selections
- Assess maintenance accessibility
- Develop and document evaluation and assessment plans
- Provide expert level guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of the EPS
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with Siemens NX or other CAD platforms preferred
- Experience working on aircraft development programs
- Familiarity of Electrical, EWIS and EME industry standards
- Familiarity with system test and analysis
- Proven track record of leading a team
- Ability to concisely report status
- Motivated, accountable, responsible, dependable, humble and professional
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.