Manager - Systems Test
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Test & Evaluation /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal:
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
The Test and Evaluation Integrated Product Team (IPT) is being developed to provide state of the art development and certification testing of Aerion aircraft. A key component of this organization will be the Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) where hardware and software designs and capabilities will be integrated as a system and tested in a high-fidelity hardware in the loop simulated flight environment. This position will lead all aspects of this effort. From the establishment of a detailed staffing plan, to the design, construction and implementation of the laboratory. This will be an extremely challenging and rewarding leadership position that requires leadership and results oriented positive attitude.
On any given day you might:
- Develop test requirements with systems engineering, system development and certification groups
- Develop a staffing plan and recruit/hire high performing Systems Test team
- Lead the architecture, design, development, construction and implementation of the Aerion Systems Integration Laboratory
- Develop test equipment requirements needed to support developmental and certification testing required of the SIL
- Oversee the development of test plans to satisfy test requirements, ensure safety, and reduce risk and discovery in flight test.
- Manage the SIL configuration, build-out and test equipment
- Oversee flight deck simulators used in control law development
- Manage test programs and track schedules to ensure T&E can support all IPTs and their efforts to all program milestones
- Develop, communicate, and manage budgets associated with lab development and test execution
- Lead all aspects of systems testing with knowledge and skills in equipment/bench design, structural analysis, statistical data analysis, test matrix optimization, instrumentation, programming, and data acquisition and management.
- Work in a flexible, fast paced team environment with creative and entrepreneurial minded professionals
- Lead the development of test process and procedures
- Foster a team environment that encourages collaboration and excellence across the enterprise
- Develop relationships and work closely with individual subject matter experts to ensure test requirements are understood and met during specific test campaigns
- Coordinate the hand-off activities with ground and flight test originations
We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 10+ years of hands-on experience leading and executing systems test laboratory development and testing for complex aerospace programs, and leading/working on projects with diverse, interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated project management and proven team leadership capabilities
- Experience with the following (or similar) software: Excel, CATIA and/or NX, FEA, Python, LabVIEW, MATLAB
- Part 25 certification experience is a plus
- DOE and statistical data analysis skills are a plus
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills across multiple disciplines
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.