Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer - Landing Gear
Aircraft Development – Flight & Mechanical Systems
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
The Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer for Landing Gear will report directly to the Director of Mechanical Systems. This position will be focal point for the design, development, integration and testing of the Landing Gear System (ATA32) for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet. The Landing Gear System will include but not be limited to:
· Main and Nose Landing Gears
· Landing Gear Extension/Retraction and Indication System
· Landing Gear Emergency Release System
· Landing Gear Door Mechanism and Actuation
· Proximity Sensing System
· Steering Control System
· Rolling Stock (Wheels and Brakes)
· Brake Control System
· Brake Temperature Monitoring System
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System
On any given day you might:
- Collaborate with Aerion and Boeing engineering teams and system supplier(s) in the design, development and integration of the Landing Gear system into the AS2 aircraft. This encompasses…
- System design and architecture
- System sizing and performance
- Supplier integration and management
- Defining and managing requirements
- Validation and verification of requirements
- System installation and integration into aircraft
- Component and System test, qualification and certification
- Tracking and managing mass properties of Landing Gear System against established requirement during the complete design cycle
- Providing support for engineering, certification and flight test activities from concept to product certification and Entry into Service
- Coordinating with Supply Chain and Business Management teams to manage Program and supplier NRE and Bill of Material costs against program requirements
- Fostering a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee collaboration
- Reporting of Progress and Status to Leadership Team as required to support program tempo.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience within the Landing Gear design, development, certification and service support.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading teams and/or managing suppliers
- Part 25 Aircraft development and certification program experience. Part 23 experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of ARP 4754A and DO-160
- Ability to work CATIA V5 and Teamcenter PLM systems environment
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!