Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS) Integration Engineer
Aircraft Development – Avionics & Electrical
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS) Integration Engineer you will report directly to the Vice President of Cockpit and Subsystems. Candidates shall have in-depth technical knowledge of EWIS, harness installations, component selection, component certification, component materials, separations and segregations. Candidates shall be capable of understanding complex schematic diagram, wire diagrams and possess a good knowledge of HIRF, EMI, grounding, bonding and shielding techniques.
On any given day you might
- Integrate electrical wiring interconnection systems (EWIS)
- Establish requirements
- Interact directly with the EWIS supplier
- Work with Subsystem suppliers to define ICDs for EWIS interfaces, schematic diagrams and wire diagrams
- Review EWIS traceability to the FARs
- Review EWIS mitigation techniques
- Review EWIS Validation and verification of requirements
- System test and certification
- Report Status
- Manage and track mass properties of EWIS during the complete design cycle
- Provide guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of the EWIS design
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of experience within the EWIS discipline.
- Candidates shall demonstrate proven experience in the following areas:
- Working on aircraft development programs
- Understanding of Subsystem design and architecture
- EWIS Systems design and integration
- Clear understanding of 25.1701
- Developing processes
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering
- Familiarity with Part 25, ARP 4754A, DO-160, EIA-364, AS50881, AC 43-13 and other relevant industry standards is preferred.
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!