Senior Engineer - Simulation and Software
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Flight Controls /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As a Simulation and Software Senior Engineer, you will report to our Technical Director of Flight Control Systems. You will be responsible for offline nonlinear simulations and the real-time Engineering Simulator development for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet. In addition, you will support the simulation standards and best practices development for Aerion along with high fidelity modeling and simulation optimization.
On any given day you might:
- Develop nonlinear offline simulations, real-time simulations and associated software based on Simulink modeling
- Integrate real-time models in the Engineering Simulator environment (such as SpeedGoat)
- Be responsible for the overall Engineering Simulator software integration, including cockpit controls and visual systems
- Support flight control law development and pilot-in-the-loop testing
- Develop real-time displays, test signal injection and recording capabilities
- Develop and manage configure control of the simulation environments
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of flight real-time simulation and SW experience
- Experience in aircraft nonlinear simulation development and validation
- Experience with Simulink based real-time aircraft and systems modeling and software generation
- Strong programming background (both in Simulink and other languages)
- Understanding of code optimization for real-time execution
- Experience in real-time Engineering Simulator facilities
- Experience in version control and issues and change management systems
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.