Principal Engineer- Software Integration
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Aircraft Software Systems /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As the Aircraft Software Integration Principal Engineer, you'll report directly to the Director of Integrated Systems and be responsible for IMA and Systems Integration in the AS2 supersonic aircraft.
On any given day you might:
- Define software & electronic hardware safety of flight clearance processes
- Define requirements for the Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA), particularly A653 applications
- Define requirements for A664 network topology
- Use software tools for development of A664 embedded functions
- Work with Systems Integration Lab (SIL) and Engineering IPT focal(s) to ensure lab configuration supports software release process
- Plan software drops to support development and certification flight testing
- Work with planning and aircraft operations for software drops to support aircraft retrofit and post TC activity
- Assist IPTs in establishing software maturity requirements to support certification testing
- Work with PLM group to develop the software configuration management library
- Other program critical tasks as designated by the IPT Director
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- 15+ years of airborne software management and development experience on an aircraft development program
- Experience with A664 embedded functions development
- Experience with DO-297/ IMA development
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 25 certification, ARP 4754A, ARP4761, DO-160G, DO-178B/C and DO-254 is preferred.
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.