Enterprise Data Architect
Palo Alto, CA /
Aircraft Development – Engineering Software /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
As an Enterprise Data Architect, you will report to the Data Team Manager and will contribute to the architecture of an Integrated Digital Environment for design, manufacturing and operations of the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Define the user requirements for an Integrated Digital Environment that will integrate the data and processes across the product lifecycle seamlessly
- Design the end-to-end architecture for the Integrated Digital Environment
- Integrate different tools used across the product lifecycle with a common digital thread
- Evaluate vendors and technologies that will be used to implement the digital thread
- Manage project planning and scheduling and ensure execution on time
- Closely collaborate with the Information Technology group and assist them in identifying the hardware, software and security requirements for the digital thread
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering group and help them build a Model based System Engineering (MBSE) framework for Aerion AS2
- Identify other stakeholders in the company and collaborate with them to implement the modules that will be part of the digital thread
- Communicate with the company leadership through meetings, presentations and reports
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similarly related field
- 5+ years of experience as a data architect integrating complex heterogeneous data systems, preferably at companies in the manufacturing sector
- Advanced knowledge of working with SQL and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB etc.
- Proficient in project management, agile development, test driven development etc.
- Technical experience using cloud database services like AWS Redshift, RDS, Aurora etc.
- Technical experience with software architectures like SOA and micro services
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Familiarity with enterprise applications like PLM, ERP, MES etc.
- Knowledge of Siemens Tool Suite is a plus
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.