Aerodynamic Test - Engineer
Aircraft Development – Flight Sciences
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Aerodynamics Test Engineer, you will report to the VP of Flight Sciences and be responsible for aerodynamic analysis and design of the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet. We're looking for someone with experience in Test and other areas of Flight Sciences, such as CFD, S&C, Performance, etc.
On any given day you might:
- Perform wind tunnel test planning, execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Support the development of instrumentation requirements and data analysis to meet the wind tunnel test objectives
- Provide guidance during test campaigns to assess and improve aerodynamic performance
- Perform detailed aerodynamic analysis in areas of aircraft aerodynamic forces, performance, external loads, and handling qualities
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, with an advanced degree relating to aircraft design and performance highly preferred
- Test experience in transonic/supersonic wind tunnel programs and/or propulsion system testing preferred
- Experience with aircraft design or performance analysis using computational tools as well as traditional handbook methods
- Experience in the development of fighter, supersonic, and/or business aircraft
- History of working in a collaborative multi-discipline team environment
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action, and excellent problem-solving skills across multidisciplinary skill sets
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!