Wind Tunnel Test (Aircraft) - Senior Engineer
Aircraft Development – Test & Evaluation
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
The Senior Wind Tunnel Test Engineer will report to the Test & Evaluation IPT Lead and be responsible for supporting all wind tunnel test activities for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might
- Develop wind tunnel tests and integrate IPT test requirements into test plans
- Project manage wind tunnel test programs and track schedules to ensure T&E can support other IPTs and their efforts to execute the master schedule
- Support wind tunnel test programs with knowledge and skills in model design, structural analysis, statistical data analysis, test matrix optimization, instrumentation or programming with the ability to write scripts for the reduction of test data
- Perform and assist testing with model preparation, test conduction, documentation, data handling and final report authoring.
- Work in a fast paced IPT of creative entrepreneurial minded professionals
- Assist in test process and procedure development
- Audit and report progress against the Test & Evaluation master schedule and provide traceability to ensure the desired goals are achieved
- Work closely with individual subject matter experts to ensure test requirements are met during specific test campaigns
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in aero, propulsion, and acoustic wind tunnel testing for complex aerospace development programs, working on projects with inter-disciplinary teams, and coordinating the execution of test programs
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capability
- Experience with the following software (or similar): excel, CATIA, FEA, python, LabVIEW or Matlab
- DOE and statistical data analysis skills are a plus
- Proven problem-solving and decision making skills across multiple disciplines
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!