Reliability, Maintainability, & Supportability (Aircraft) - Specialist
Business Support – Product Support
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We want to create a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the the RM&S Specialist you will report to the VP of Worldwide Product Support & Logistics and be responsible for representing M&R in the integrated product teams and will be instrumental in defining the maintenance strategy.
On any given day you might:
- Define MTBUR and MTBF requirements for systems and components
- Ensure flow down of reliability requirements to suppliers in conjunction with the global supply management team.
- Track and analyze availability and reliability on the AS2
- Define aftermarkets support strategy as relates to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspection program, maintenance tracking and digital reporting
- Act as the “voice of the maintainer” inside integrated product teams during the preliminary and detailed design
- Represent the customer and act as his advocate inside the development teams
- Develop strategic alternatives for the delivery of maintenance services worldwide to the Aerion AS2
- Develop detailed requirements for the build of a greenfield maintenance operation on the Aerion AS2 production campus and support operation start up
- Support the definition, evaluation and selection of any procurement needs of the aftermarket team unrelated to aircraft production, e.g. maintenance tracking software
- Assist the Vice President, Worldwide support with any other assigned tasks or responsibilities
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Aerospace related subject or equivalent years of experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace aftermarket support, field support, technical support, engineering, maintenance or maintenance management
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience working with teams comprised of internal and external members, as well as both on-site and off-site
- 2+ years of hands on aircraft maintenance experience
- Airframe and Powerplant License
- In-depth and current knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements related to aircraft maintenance and repair.
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- Strong customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong problem-solving ability across multidisciplinary skills sets with a proven track record of excellent judgment
- Excellent team player with demonstrated ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management, both internally and externally
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a small but quickly growing company is highly desired
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!