Associate Electrical (Aircraft) - Engineer
Aircraft Development – Avionics & Electrical
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We are creating a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the deal
As Associate Electrical Engineer you will report directly to the Electrical Integrated Product Development Team (IPT) Manager and will be responsible for the technical aspects of the design, integration and testing of the Electrical System (ATA24) for the Aerion AS2 supersonic business jet.
On any given day you might:
- Be responsible for System design and architecture
- Be responsible for System sizing
- Perform Electrical Loads Analysis
- Perform and validate Electrical calculations (Ampacity, Voltage drop, I2R, In-rush, etc)
- Interact directly with suppliers
- Define requirements
- Validate and verify requirements
- System test and certification
- Report Status
- Track mass properties of Electrical Systems during the complete design cycle
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- An understanding of Electrical design and integration
- An understanding of ATA24
- An understanding of Systems Engineering
- An understanding of 25.1701
- Experience developing processes
- Familiarity with Part 25, ARP 4754A, 704F, DO-160, EIA-364, AS50881, AC 43-13 and other relevant industry standards is preferred.
- An understanding of the practical and theoretical aspects of the Electrical Systems design
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!