Senior Project Engineer
Business Support – Program & Operations
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We want to create a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
Here's the Deal
As the Senior Project Engineer for the AS2 you will provide technical planning and leadership for assigned technical project(s) through the design, development and implementation activities from product definition and planning through certification and entry into service. These technical projects may include management and coordination of Aerion suppliers and partners in support of delivery of technical products for the AS2.
On any given day you might:
- Manage complex, multi-system, multi-discipline engineering projects working in a hands-on capacity and coordinating cross functional team activities to ensure completion of the project on time and within budget
- Lead the development of project planning, technical cost estimates, evaluation of alternatives, risk management, logistics management, cost-performance trade-offs, preparation of data and status updates
- Develop and coordinates project requirements from contract scope and provides business and technical solutions
- Serve as the coordinating and communicating resource across the IPTs to ensure technical and business objectives are met
- Work with program management and systems engineering on assessing requirements, developing technical solutions, and the integration of requirements into the product design
- Assist in execution and problem resolution across the IPT’s and suppliers
- Monitor and reports technical status, task accomplishments and direction
- Develop agile processes and procedures necessary to support the company and project infrastructure requirements
- Regularly interface with and work with peer senior engineers, IPT leads, functional managers, Aerion leadership, and Supply Chain Management
- Interface with Subcontractors / Suppliers as required and in coordination with Supply Chain Management
- Assist in accomplishing company strategies by communicating and re-enforcing Aerion’s values, policies, and procedures
- Mentor engineers assigned to project, providing performance input to the appraisal of employees, and reviewing/recognizing job contributions
- Manage critical, time-sensitive and complex issues including; proposal evaluations, contract documentation, modifications for contract changes. Will assist in the development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience with Engineering, Systems, Integration, Test, Software, and/or Engineering Project Leadership, preferably within the aerospace or aviation industries, or minimum 6 years with Master’s degree
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills required.
- Experience in negotiating and communication with all levels of internal and external stakeholders is necessary.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Aerospace supply chain management or related manufacturing procurement experience preferred.
- A basic understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations, FARS, DFARS, Commerciality, etc.
- A basic understanding of MRP, PLM, and aircraft development programs.
- Experience in interacting and managing International customer/supplier relationships a plus
- Attention to detail, enjoy complex problems, excellent communication and organization skills, project management, negotiation skills
Specific competencies shall include:
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!