Principal Engineer - Fuel Systems
Melbourne, FL /
Aircraft Development – Mechanical Systems /
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to revolutionize global mobility by building the next generation of high-speed global transportation networks. We are committed to a vibrant and connected world where distance is no longer a barrier, and to innovation that is kind to our planet. Working at Aerion is so much more than building the world’s first carbon-neutral supersonic aircraft – it’s about bringing humanity closer together.
Here's the deal:
We plan have this position start work in our temporary facility, Aerion South, at Melbourne-Orlando International Airport. Start date will be contingent upon successful completion of our Design Readiness Review (DRR) anticipated in Q2 2021.
As the Fuel System Lead you will report to the Director of Mechanical Systems IPT and be responsible for all activities related to fuel systems design on the AS2 aircraft. In this newly created position, this role will be responsible for managing technical issues, working with suppliers and other IPT’s to support milestone deliverables. Starting with a small team, this role will build a team of exceptional engineers, providing oversight of work scope priorities and resource management.
On any given day you might:
- Develop Fuel system design, architecture and product plans, including qualification and certification plans
- Provide subject matter expert level technical leadership, mentoring and guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of Fuel systems
- Ensure the development of requirements for the Fuel system to ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- Manage supplier technical efforts throughout the life cycle of the program
- Provide validation and verification Fuel systems requirements
- Manage a team of engineers to perform Fuel system tests on a ground rig as well as flight, and provide system and certification documentation
- Manage the Fuel subsystem scheduling, budget, resources and suppliers
- Report subsystem status to ensure milestones are met in support of the overall program schedule
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering area
- 10+ years of deep, hands-on experience in Fuel systems development, design and testing in a Military, Commercial, or business aircraft development program
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading technical resources and teams, both internally and externally, as well as both on-site and off-site
- In-depth and current knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- Recent experience in developing Fuel systems from concept through certification strongly desired
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge and ability to define requirements, generate architecture and achieve compliance
- Strong customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong/proven problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Strategic leader with very strong decision making and communication skills
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people!
Let's Build a Company Together
We are looking for creative, courageous pioneers and innovators; people that are committed to having a profound impact on our world. We are looking for people who believe in a bold vision and can back it up with successful execution. People that love the beauty of flight and are deeply committed to protecting our planet. People that have unquestionable integrity and are committed to building a company the world can trust, and products that our customers know are safe.