Head of Marketing and Communications
Palo Alto, CA
Business Support – Sales & Marketing
What We're About
Aerion is on a mission to change the face of global mobility through supersonic flight. Our leadership, engineers, and support staff all share a passion for building a new kind of aerospace company – one that asks questions, stays agile, and is not afraid to try new things. We want to create a company culture based on collaboration, data driven decisions, and adaptability. Working at Aerion is so much more than just building the world’s first supersonic business jet – it’s bringing the aerospace industry to the modern age and beyond.
As the Head of Communications and Marketing, you will report directly to the EVP of Strategy and Interim CMO. This role is based in our Palo Alto office and will include the creation and implementation of Aerion’s 1) external and internal communications strategies, 2) brand definition and development, and 3) social media and web presence. Aerion is a group of brilliant engineers that is doing something amazing on a global scale – we need a talented, passionate and versatile communications professional to tell our story to the world.
This is a critical role for the success of Aerion and to changing the way the world travels forever. Previous experience in hands-on start-up roles is a must, but experience in the aerospace industry is not.
On any given day you might:
- Develop the communications roadmap across all channels
- Define and enhance Aerion’s brand voice
- Write, edit or manage blog and/or social media posts
- Respond to media inquiries and manage PR campaigns
- Write a speech for our CEO
- Lead the research of communication needs, goals, and objectives
- Create success metrics to evaluate and improve both internal and external communications and culture
We're looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS/MBA Degree
- 12+ years of communications, brand and/or social media experience
- Prior experience in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling communications that engage, educate, and motivate technical and general public audiences
- Excellent writing skills
- An ability to both think strategically and execute tactically; Be creative with limited resources
- A collaborative attitude with an ability to motivate individuals and management of other organizations to work cross-functionally to achieve goals
We want to build a company around people who are:
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action
- Effective at nurturing strong professional relationships
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
- Just good people
Let's Build a Company Together
We're looking for people from scrappy startups, established corporations, and everything in between. Bring your ideas and experiences, be ready to innovate and learn, and together we'll revolutionize the aerospace industry!