Summer Analyst 2025 - Boston & San Francisco Office
Boston / San Francisco
Summer Analyst /
About Aeris Partners
Aeris Partners is a market-leading M&A investment bank serving software, SaaS, and other high growth technology markets. We advise world-class technology-focused private equity and venture capital firms and leading edge entrepreneur-owned companies on strategic mergers and acquisitions. Aeris is well known for its best-in-class approach to M&A execution, its data-driven approach, exceptional M&A outcomes, and its commitment to fostering a positive, collaborative, inclusive, entrepreneurial and team-oriented firm culture. Aeris transactions typically range in size from $100M to $2+ Billion and the firm is a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA and SIPC.
Summer Analyst Job Description
We are seeking highly motivated technology M&A investment banking Summer Analysts for our Boston and San Francisco offices with a 2025 start date. Summer Analysts are given high levels of responsibility at Aeris, owning detailed, essential work products and working directly with experienced senior bankers on live deal teams to deliver superior outcomes for clients. In addition, the firm’s focus on technology allows Summer Analysts to gain a deep understanding of the broader technology industry, interacting on a regular basis with executives and investors.
Aeris provides a unique training program for all Summer Analysts. Throughout the 10-week program, training specific to the M&A process and tailored to the technology industry is interwoven with live project work to provide a meaningful, hands-on training experience that develops skills applicable far beyond the tech M&A field. Our firm culture encourages Summer Analysts to proactively take on more responsibilities, allowing for continued learning over the course of the program. The Aeris Summer Analyst program is a direct pipeline for our full-time analyst positions the following year.
Ideal candidates bring knowledge of and passion for creative analytic thinking, finance, corporate strategy and / or financial valuation and analysis. We seek candidates with strong leadership skills, exceptional work ethic and interest in the technology industry. Although we prefer candidates with experience related to investment banking, we consider all candidates with strong academic credentials and demonstrated leadership qualities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with analysts and associates in developing client presentations, pitches and other key deliverables
- Build valuation models including transaction comparables, public company comparables, discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, and premium-to-market analyses
- Contribute to M&A strategy development discussions with senior M&A professionals
- Actively interact with clients and buyers on calls and in meetings
- Research and communicate compelling technology industry and company trends
- Identify and manage strategic and financial buyers
- Coordinate and support transaction due diligence activities and data room development
Desired skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree candidate from top-tier programs; exceptional academic performance
- Candidates with a GPA of 3.5 or higher are preferred
- Working knowledge of corporate finance, accounting, financial statements and valuation methodologies
- Exceptional work ethic and positive, can-do attitude; enthusiastic team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); ability to interact with corporate executives
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset; self-starter with ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Desire to develop business expertise in technology and software; passion for technology
- Outstanding leadership skills
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be eligible to work permanently in the United States