Junior Industrial & CMF Designer
San Francisco, CA /
Aero is on a mission to redefine air travel—inspired by the golden age of aviation, designed for modern life. Direct, premium flights via private terminals offer guests the comfort of low-contact travel and the effortlessness of flying private, in our beautifully designed jets. From custom aircraft to our Hosts and our dedicated Concierge teams, everything we do is personalized, placing the guest at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on being dedicated, compassionate hosts both with our guests and our teammates. At Aero, we are one team and we support each other, knowing together we are stronger as we build a business to reimagine the future of travel.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Aero Design Team is expanding and we are looking for a talented Industrial Designer who will be ready to jump in and roll up their sleeves. This is a very exciting opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team who is willing to challenge the traditional aviation standards by developing a new category of air travel. This person should feel comfortable working on a variety of projects simultaneously and from a very different nature while meeting Design quality standards.
- Support the Design Director on any internal requests in an extremely fast-paced environment, while meeting Design quality standards.
- Work closely with graphic and branding Designers to support quick visualization mock-ups.
- Attention to detail and a Design sensibility to develop and produce high-end products that redefine what luxury means.
- Concept development of the cabin interior.
- Deliver a HCD experience for both guests and crew.
- Expand the CMF capabilities and contribute to documenting the CMF library.
- Willing to move the needle and the perseverance to make the Design vision a reality.
- Down to earth and with a positive can-do attitude.
- Contribute to develop the Design culture at Aero and be a design advocate and evangelist.
- Experience in transportation or product design
- HCD experienceCMF experience
- Proficient in CAD and rendering programs (key shoot)
- Proficient in Adobe package to sketch ideas and concepts
- Concept and product development (physical products only please)
- Ability to communicate clearly across different Teams
- Take ownership while respecting tight timelines
- Passionate about travel
- Comfortable with a start-up environment
- Location, west coast preferable
- At this time, Aero will not be providing visa sponsorships
- Proven experience, preferably with a high-growth brand.
- Experience with a luxury and/or lifestyle brand and passion for travel preferred.
- Experience working in fast-paced teams and organizations.
- Articulate and polished, with an understanding of the nuances of a contemporary luxury brand.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Results-driven and proactive problem-solver.
- High EQ and levels of empathy, a natural team player, and able to successfully work cross-functionally.
- Ability to foster relationships, collaborate across disciplines, and secure multi-stakeholder alignment and ‘buy-in’.
Aero is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.