Director of Manufacturing Operations
Mountain View, CA
Supply Chain /
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
In this role:
As Director of Manufacturing Operations, you will be responsible for final assembly of our 4D LiDAR including managing our suppliers and working closely with our design team to develop manufacturable products that meet our customers' needs. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Director, and 15 years' experience managing contract manufacturers. They will have high volume manufacturing experience, with a focus on automotive modules or sensors.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally with the optical, process, electrical and mechanical engineering teams to understand the technical requirements of our products and ensure our suppliers have the manufacturing processes in place to meet design, quality, cost, and manufacturing capacity requirements of our 4D LiDAR
- Manage contract manufacturers to ensure on-time delivery of products
- Develop and implement strategies to improve manufacturing efficiency and reduce costs
- Manage a team of manufacturing experts that collaborate with engineering to optimize the design of our next generation products to meet manufacturability, testability, quality, reliability, and cost targets
- Manage a global team to analyze and solve technical problems in manufacturing
- Establish KPIs for key production processes and work with our global manufacturing partners on continuous improvement actions
- Set strategic 1-3-5 year manufacturing plan and CapEx modeling to meet product forecast requirements
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Director, with 15+ years of experience managing contract manufacturers
- High volume manufacturing experience, with a focus on automotive modules or sensors
- Hands-on approach with high attention to detail
- Experience working with suppliers on DFx for PCBAs and product assembly
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15% of the time
- Degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Post graduate degree in Business or Engineering related field
- Preferred experience includes working as a manufacturing or test engineer
- Automotive Sensor Manufacturing
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards
$195,600 - $285,800 a year
Salary pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, certifications, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges are subject to change in the future.
Depending on the position offered, equity, bonus, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, pre-tax commuter and health care/dependent care accounts, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and 11 paid holidays annually.