Operations Intern at Mental Health Incubator
Do you want to learn how to change the world? Join a startup as it goes from an idea to a team of 40 people and $50M in funding. You will be working primarily with the founding and core team and will have great opportunity to learn learn a lot of skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc)!
At Affect Mental Health, we’re building a non-profit Y combinator(startup incubator) to help entrepreneurs build breakthrough products in mental health. We will produce products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google in mental health. Read more about 3 of many different early stage concepts we've incubated; The 1,000 Journeys Project, where we collect mental health stories to map out where transformative products can have the most impact. Meet Malik and Jessica.
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities with expertise in fields such as healthcare economics, user experience design, molecular neuroscience, and computational biology. Two years ago, our CEO experienced the two most transformative months of his life participating in this program. He started with zero business experience and learned how to figure out what product to build, how to build it, and how to construct business models. At the end of the program, he raised $10M to start his company. By joining us, you will have the opportunity to learn some of these superpowers!
- Help a logistics/operations team focused on supporting our organization by organizing team building exercises, weekly meetings and email communications, and making the team more efficient
- Identify and obtain the resources necessary to recruit the best entrepreneurs to work on mental health products
- Help build the curriculum necessary to introduce new members of our organization to mental healthcare
- Orchestrate our curriculum team’s efforts with our product, recruitment and fundraising teams
- Maintain team culture and uphold our values through creative ways
- Help build a mental health product that will have a huge impact based on our user journey research
- Deeply passionate about mental health
- Loves being productive and getting stuff done (GSD)
- Interested in education
- Leadership experience
- Meticulously organized
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to scientists and non-scientists
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever "hat" is necessary to achieve OKR's!
- Insatiable curiosity around why products succeed and what delights users
- Experience building a curriculum or working as a teaching assistant (TA)
- Leadership experience coordinating a distributed team working asynchronously, e.g. a college student organization
- Appreciation of puns (:
Our ambition is to build sustainable enterprises—unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle stigma, access, and quality of mental healthcare.
Are you in?
Note: At this moment this position is unpaid. For candidates who are University /co-op we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships.