Product Manager Intern | Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab, non-profit
Do you want to learn how to change the world? Join a startup as it goes from an idea to a team of 40 people and $50M in funding. You will be working primarily with the founding and core team and will have great opportunity to learn learn a lot of skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc)!!
At Affect Mental Health, we’re building a non-profit Y combinator(startup incubator) to help entrepreneurs build breakthrough products in mental health. We will produce products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google in mental health. Read more about 3 of many different early stage concepts we've incubated; The 1,000 Journeys Project, where we collect mental health stories to map out where transformative products can have the most impact. Meet Malik and Jessica.
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities with expertise in fields such as healthcare economics, user experience design, molecular neuroscience, and computational biology. Two years ago, our CEO experienced the two most transformative months of his life participating in this program. He started with zero business experience and learned how to figure out what product to build, how to build it, and how to construct business models. At the end of the program, he raised $10M to start his company. By joining us, you will have the opportunity to learn some of these superpowers!
- An ideal candidate would be a creative problem solver who can take initiative. As a member of the product team you will be a stakeholder of the project, you will be helping in the steering the vision of the product. You will participate in all stages of our development process from conception through release, including:
- Developing a product strategy and continually refine it for optimal product/market fit.
- Engaging with users through user research and interviews.
- Coordinating internal and external stakeholders of the product.
- Balance feedback from a diverse set of stakeholders to find optimal solutions.
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever "hat" is necessary to achieve OKR's!
- Deeply passionate about mental health.
- Be able to work collaboratively within an Agile team.
- Must be able to thrive in a startup, roll-up-your-sleeves culture with little hierarchy.
- Organized, yet welcomes change.
- A great navigator: constantly testing hypothesis and outlining strategy for pivoting when needed.
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can.
- Experience as part of a product team &/or experience owning a product roadmap or launching a product (in any capacity).
- Startup experience.
- Sound understanding of design-thinking processes.
- Insatiable curiosity around why products succeed and what delights users.
Our ambition is to build sustainable enterprises—unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle stigma, access, and quality of mental healthcare.
Are you in?
NB: This position is unpaid. For candidates who are University /co-op we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships.