Engineering – Partner Engineering
Full Time - Exempt
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
In this role you will lead our rapidly growing Merchant Integrations Team and will be tasked with supporting our merchant partners as they integrate with and expand how they use Affirm. The Integrations team is made up of Technical Account Managers, Integration Engineers and Support Engineers, and is part of our Engineering organization. The team works closely with Sales and Client Success, and is responsible for the technical success of our merchants throughout the entire post-sales lifecycle (integration, maintenance, expansion).
- Manage and mentor a group of senior and experienced Enterprise Technical Account Managers
- Be responsible for rapidly scaling the size and impact of this team by recruiting additional team members to our offices in San Francisco, New York and Chicago
- Improve client happiness with the integration process and improve the team's efficiency at the same time :-)
- Foster a culture of world-class relationship building
- Our partners should be gushing about how pleasant it is to work with our team
- Set a bar for technical excellence. You will be evaluating new hires on several axis, including their technical capabilities, handling escalations, and be seen as a technical expert by our partners
- Be a strong internal advocate for our merchants, working cross functionally to make sure their highest priorities are being met
What we are looking for:
- At least 10 years in b2b customer facing technical roles with significant management experience, including at least 2 years as a manager of managers.
- Proven ability to evaluate and develop successful leaders within your organization.
- Successful track record in recruiting client-facing engineers (Technical Account Managers, Solutions Engineers, etc).
- A great relationship builder who has the ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport with our partners’ engineers, product managers and other technical stakeholders.
- A fantastic communicator, both when advocating for customers internally and advocating for Affirm externally.
- A strong engineering background in web development technologies.
- Bonus: Experience providing solutions to e-commerce or in-store retailers.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.