Growth Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Full Time - Exempt
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is looking for an ambitious Growth Marketer to create a seamless user journey that thoughtfully connects different Affirm products, surfaces the amazing merchants we partner with, and enhances our brand story.
This role will be focused on designing and executing complex cross-channel marketing programs that grow user acquisition, drive customer retention, improve the user experience, and drive business performance. The ideal candidate should have proven success building and managing a variety of acquisition and lifecycle marketing programs, an entrepreneurial attitude, management experience, and strong analytical skills.
This is an extremely cross-functional role, working closely with Analytics, Product, Business, Product Marketing, Credit, Design, Marketing Operations, Data Science, and Legal teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and own programs that support acquisition and lifecycle marketing strategy for Affirm’s users, including activation, onboarding, engagement, and retention programs
- Drive experimentation agenda and roadmap for consumer growth marketing efforts across channels, including display, paid social, search, email and push notifications
- Report on program performance against top-line business KPIs including acquiring first time users, increasing repeat users, and reducing churn
- Create programs that optimize for user segmentation and content personalization strategies by leveraging user attributes, behavior and preference
- Identify key drivers of acquisition, engagement and churn in partnership with Analytics, from monitoring performance data to identifying actionable insights
- Work with Marketing Operations to build and execute campaigns across channels
- Collaborate with Creative and go-to-market functions to ensure that we are driving performance while powerfully communicating our brand and product through relevant, engaging content
- Partner with Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Science teams to increase campaign performance through better tooling, automation and personalization.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3-5 years experience in developing acquisition programs and lifecycle marketing programs
- Proven experience in managing campaigns in at least two of the following channels: display, paid social, search, email marketing, push notification, and/or in-app marketing
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of A/B testing and holdout test methodologies, ability to draw conclusions from data and take action accordingly
- Demonstrated project management experience with ability to indirectly manage and build consensus across diverse teams, including creative and analytics
- Entrepreneurial spirit to build growth marketing strategy and operations from scratch, with defined views on testing and learning
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, specifically with product, engineering, client success, and creative teams
- Experience with consumer finance, mobile apps, or payments is a plus
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.