IT Support Administrator
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Technical Infrastructure
Full Time - Exempt
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re seeking a flexible IT Support Administrator to help support Affirm’s workforce. For our ideal candidate, troubleshooting and problem-solving are beloved pastimes, and they come with a healthy respect for compliance and documentation.
As the front line of technical support in a rapidly growing startup, you will be the face of IT, with customer satisfaction being your primary goal.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of support desk duties and be the face of IT
- Triage and respond to the queue of support requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform on/off boarding of employees
- Deploy equipment for new employees, and manage hardware inventory as assigned
- Manage, update and maintain records within the asset management tool
- Create, add and modify accounts and services across our various platforms
- Hardware/software upgrades on laptops and desktops
- Provide basic end user training for hardware and software
- Maintain audio/video systems and conferencing equipment
- General data entry dutiesPhysical and facilitative tasks as needed (Moving desks, assembling furniture, relocating users, etc.)
- Monitor for security threats and malware, staying ahead of the curve to protect our users
- Educate on and enforce our IT compliance and policy obligations
What We Look For
- Experience with macOS desktop administration; end-user, mobile device, email, and phone support
- Excellent communicator, able to speak to end users positively and explain technical detail in a manner they can understand
- Experience managing formal ticketing systems
- Experience administering SaaS technologies
- Experience with machine and account provisioning and deprovisioning
- Experience managing enterprise security: Endpoint security — disk encryption, OS firewalls, laptop/mobile lockdown, email security — tools for signed/encrypted email communication
- Experience in basic network setup: IPv4, DHCP, subnetting, switching
- Wireless (a/b/g/n/ac), WPA/WPA2
- Mobile device management technologies
- Aptitude for good use of grammar and spelling
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
- Neat and organized
- Experience administering Google for Business
- Experience fighting spam and email spoofing
- Experience with Meraki networking and Systems Manager
- Atlassian product suite expert
- Apple Certified Associate or ACSP certification
- Automation and scripting experience
- Experience with AV systems and video editing
- Supporting a dynamic startup environment and growing it into a refined workspace
- Handy with power tools
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.